Thursday, August 26, 2010

Night and Day

This happened last night, and 2 or 3 nights ago - where I'm getting up every 1 to 2 hours to pee (well, that's every night) and throughout the night the pressure on my cervix seems to be building.  It gets stronger every time I get up, and it gets harder and harder to get up, and walk across the room to the bathroom.

Last night it culminated about 4am when there was so much pressure on my cervix and, ahem, anus, that I really could barely walk.  It was ridiculous.  And as this pressure builds I find myself going....okay....?  Does this mean labor is...starting?  I mean, there's no contraction!  Well, I'm having some, but still only feel them in shortness of breath...and it's not like they're regular in any way.  So I go back to bed convinced the next time I wake up, I'll be waking Mr. Random and this is gonna be itBut...so far...it hasn't been.

And then, this morning, just like the other night with intense pressure (2 nights ago I think?), I get up around the 6-8am time window, hungry...and...with some pressure, but NOTHING like during the night.  It's like a calm after a storm or something.  And I start wondering if that other stuff was all in my head.

Quite frankly, I find the whole thing confusing.  But for now I'll just keep on keeping on...until real contractions show up to warn me that something really is happening...or I feel a baby's head dangling out.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.