Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quick Post

Just a quick post - since I said I'd keep you updated.

I called the pediatrician - and she said, in brief, that poor, dear Wiggles is not to eat before 4am (it's like he's a gremlin!).  So, keep on with our bedtime rituals and putting him down around 7pm +/- 1 hour like we have (it's been pretty close to 7 this whole past week) and then if he wakes up before 4am - and she'd really like that closer to 5am even - don't feed him.  Let him cry.

=(

We can pat him and comfort him if we like - but no picking him up.  And for the love of all things, keep my boobies in my shirt.

Sigh.  And of course, the first night under the new regime - Wiggles woke at 2am.  And promptly cried for 1.5 hours.  We'd all have gotten more sleep if I'd just fed him!  (that only takes 40 minutes)

But.  Night 2?  He slept until 6am!

It's too soon to declare victory - but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. OH WOW- that first night must have been a nightmare! Did you just let him cry until he fell asleep? Did you stay in another room or stay there and pat him the whole time?

    Please do keep us posted!!!!

    Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in our room, listening to him in the monitor. After .5 hours Mr. Random went in to pat and comfort him. Which...worked until he tried to leave about .5 hours later...finally he turned on a little glo-seahorse thing that Wiggles has and left him with that. He started crying when it stopped...but then finally fell asleep sometime around 1.5 hours after he first woke.

    It was so heartbreaking! Mr. Random just kept reminding me that Wiggles is actually fine. And he may be hungry, but he's NOT starving, etc. etc. this is in all of our best interests.

    And somehow, we made it!

    ReplyDelete

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.