Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So many ideas

So little time.

We had an awesome weekend exploring this lovely country so bravely defended by our veterans. It seemed appropriate.

But we got back late on Monday, and Tuesday was full of meetings and my first day teaching an intro class - lecture and lab - at one of the local community colleges. Luckily, I have notes from a friend who taught the same class last summer, but I still feel totally under-prepared.

The class went fine, all half hour of it (it was the first day...) but today is the second day and today we have full lecture and lab. I find myself overly anxious. I was anxious all last night too. Ugh.

And meanwhile, I feel like there's a list a mile long of other things I should/want to be doing. From working on dissertation stuff to just cleaning this apartment up a little! We haven't really unpacked from the weekend yet. That's fairly typical...but still, it'd be nice if I could find 15 minutes to do it.

And then there's all the ideas of what I could write about on here. But they're all jumbled up, definitely in part because of this low-level constant anxiety I'm feeling about teaching. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.