Thursday, September 29, 2011

New Interface

I'm trying out the new interface and a dynamic template. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Part of me likes it...part of me doesn't. I think the part that doesn't is the same part that is resistant toward change.

Mr. Random came home from counseling yesterday and suggested couples counseling might be a good idea for us! He said that he's always felt it was like a death knell or the very last thing you did before divorce, so that's why he's been resistant. But after talking with his counselor he thought that actually, it made sense as proper maintenance. A lot of our fights have been over the same things year in and year out...so it makes sense to get a mediator of sorts involved to see if they can help us get past these issues we haven't yet solved ourselves.

It was a really good conversation actually. He had a few other points as well, and was able to make them very matter of factly, and even though it wasn't easy to hear how I've/we've been failing, it was good. It was good to have that open communication and to be honest about where we'd like to see improvement.

So, now to see about couple's counseling.

And I need to get back into individual counseling too. I've been dragging my feet because the idea of starting over with someone new, when my old counselor was just so perfect for me, is not very pleasant. But...I think it'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.