Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Different, but not the same

A friend of mine recently had a baby boy. She had a long and arduous labor ultimately resulting in a c-section, but since that things have been smooth sailing. Her baby sleeps. A lot. She just sets and alarm every 2-3 hours at night. Wakes up, gets the little man up, feeds him, and then they all go back to sleep. And sleep they all do. And the sweet young one doesn't even wake up crying.

Now, she knows that this could all change. And maybe he's still exhausted from their difficult labor. But come on!

Please don't misunderstand, I'm super happy for my friend. I'm glad she's got such an easy going fella who SLEEPS. But for myself, I'm throwing a self-centered totally unreasonable pity party. The utter exhaustion I experienced for the first 4 months of my son's life is still quite fresh in my mind.

I've been reassured by many who witnessed the events first hand that it was not my fault. That the sleep issues were just reflux related or the way my boy is. But I start to wonder. And I start to feel inadequate. Or at least cheated somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.