Monday, May 24, 2010

Dreams, Pool Time, and Weight Gain

Now, I have heard that pregnancy can cause more vivid dreaming. I was a rather vivid dreamer before pregnancy, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Thus far, honestly, if anything, I have fewer vivid "crazy" dreams. They do still happen from time to time though.

Interestingly, for the past 2 weeks or so, I've started to be pregnant in my dreams. Even accurately so - to the right week. I guess I'm finally starting to accept the pregnancy as part of my identity?

*****

We used the pool in our apartment complex for the first time this past weekend. It was awesome. First of all, it has been warm, so it was nice to cool off, but secondly...it was my first time getting into a pool in my current "condition". I didn't feel pregnant! It felt like I had my old body back! Well...Until I started trying to move around, but just standing in the water...I felt about...25 pounds lighter.

*****

Which brings us to weight gain. At my last OB appointment, almost a month ago now, my weight gain was 22 lbs. It is all based on an estimate of my pre-preggo weight, because I don't know for sure...but it should be about right. I just got on the Wii Fit again this past weekend too, and if IT'S scale compares to the ones at the doctor's office...then I'm now about 25 lbs up. And I officially weigh more than Mr. Random. Sigh. I'm trying to not let it bother me...but it does. I mean...at this rate, we're looking at a 40 lbs weight gains or so. SIGH. MAJOR SIGH. I had thought I could be one of those lucky ones that would gain like, 20 lbs total, and then just SNAP back to shape. It's not looking that way. On the other hand, I had 0 vomiting so maybe I should just accept I'm lucky in that way, and realize that my weight gain isn't so outrageous, and that I'm probably just growing a really healthy baby. Which, is the most important part. I've just never been that good at losing weight...and I'd prefer to not carry an extra 20 lbs or so after this little experience. That's all. I know it's a small price to pay for a healthy little baby...I do. I'm happy to pay it if that's what it takes. It's just...it doesn't seem like it should. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.