Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reflections on Pregnancy

I was realizing the other day that I do not miss being pregnant.  I really don't.  I know some women personally, and have read others I know less personally,who love being pregnant.  I am simply not one of them.

I am very glad to have gotten to experience pregnancy.  I fully realize not everyone gets to experience that miracle.  I also did find the whole experience fascinating and I did enjoy feeling the little guy move around.  I also am very happy to have the little guy that the pregnancy helped develop.

But...actually being pregnant...is just not my thing.  And maybe that's funny because I had a super smooth pregnancy with Wiggles.  No morning sickness to speak of.  A few bouts of nausea, but so few I can count them on one hand and they never were so bad as to induce vomiting.  Really a textbook pregnancy.  And yet...I'm so very, very glad to have my body almost all to myself again (also can't wait to get my boobies back...well, I realize I'll miss nursing because I like it...but I would very much like to be done with the breast pads, leaking, clogged ducts, and restricted diet.  Also, I sincerely hope they return to a more reasonable size!). 

I mean, in early pregnancy...I just started to get thicker, which for someone who is more concerned with her physical appearance than she probably ought to be, is a little frustrating.  But I knew it was for a good cause so I tried to embrace it.  It just made me feel a bit uncomfortable though.  Not physically uncomfortable; mentally uncomfortable.  Then, by the end I was physically uncomfortable.  And tired of being so unwieldy.  And not being able to lift things.  And annoyed by how out of breath just climbing stairs would make me (I was still exercising...it just was the extra blood and whatnot according to the doc).

So, while I'm very glad to have experienced it...I'm glad it's also not a permanent condition.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.