Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Do you really though?

I've been looking up recipes to make yummy goods with some fresh pumpkin I got from a friend.  I just find it so amusing to read the comments at the bottom that start with "I love this recipe" and finish with all the changes they made (applesauce instead of oil, orange juice instead of water, added nutmeg, changed the walnuts to pecans, etc., etc., etc.).  Which recipe do they really love then?  Because after making all of those changes I'm not at all convinced their end result is the same as the base recipe.  And these comments are ubiquitous! Maybe I'm missing something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.