Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halfway

It's November already.  Where does the time go?  November means Thanksgiving of course, but it also means I'm halfway through my maternity leave.  I'm so grateful that I got to take the whole semester (even though it's been frustrating financially) so I don't want to complain too loudly.  But I do feel a little sad at the thought of leaving Wiggles in daycare.  And I'm sure the next 2 months will go by just as fast or faster than the last two.

Wiggles still isn't sleeping through the night exactly.  It depends on your definition.  Mostly, yes, he does sleep a minimum 5 hour stretch (though not last night).  And then after the long stretch sleeps for 2 more 2 hour naps before being ready for the day.  Which is pretty great.  Except for the timing.  We're still working on those daytime naps...and while those are all up in the air, when he goes down for the long stretch varies quite a bit...and often starts at 6pm.  Now...I'm just plain not ready to go to bed at 6pm.  For one thing, Mr. Random often isn't home until 7pm, and I would like to see him at least a tiny bit.  For another, I usually haven't had dinner yet.  So...while Wiggles is getting almost enough sleep for his age category...I surely am not.  But, baby steps...we're making progress!  And I hear many people throwing 3-4 months around as a magical age when things start to get a lot more regular.  *fingers crossed!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.