Friday, July 16, 2010

Heat, Heat, and More Heat

It has been HOT here. Really hot. Melt into a puddle the second you walk outside hot. And while last summer I managed the heat quite well...this summer...is not working out so well. If I have to drive ANYWHERE, and get back into my car after leaving it for...5 minutes or more in direct sun...it's all over. I'm sweaty. Miserable. Overheating. Yuck!

I used to be the one who could have "icy feet of death" even when it was 115 out. Even when we kept our thermostat at 82 or 80 at night (too warm for sleeping comfortable, but much kinder on the wallet!).

No longer!

And with all this heat, not a single monsoon storm! It's the saving grace of summer here in southern Arizona...but sadly, here we are, mid-July and not a storm to ease the monotony of repressive, overwhelming, squeltering hot summer. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.