Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Night Waking

Wiggles has gone back to some terrible sleep habits.  He now will sleep for a MAX of 3 hours at a time.  And has decided 22 minutes to 2 hours at a time is better for night.  Sigh.  He had been sleeping at least 4 hours in a stretch at night...usually more like 5 or 6.  8 hours in a stretch a handful of times.

No longer.

And we're at our wits end.  It's only been 2 nights of this so far, but after 13 weeks of poor sleep...it's enough.  And it is SO frustrating to try to Google information on it.  Because almost every post I find suggests the baby is hungry.  He truly, truly, doesn't seem hungry most of these wakings.  And this little guy is WELL fed.  He went from the 25% in weight at birth to the 75%.  I'm not starving him.  But even more frustrating, I feel like the people posting and the people answering often start off with, he was sleeping 8 hours a night starting at 8 weeks...my son started sleeping 10 hours a night at 5 weeks, so trust my advice, etc. etc.  And I just feel cheated.  And like none of these people truly understand or can help in our situation.  Because we're going on 13 weeks...with 4 times that the little guy has slept an 8 hour stretch.

Now, I know I'm not the only one with a more difficult baby.  And the fact we've even got those 4 times probably puts us better off than some.  But...can't we get a break!?  I find myself wondering what I'm doing wrong.  How I can make it better.  But so far nothing is coming up.  No amount of Googling or asking other mothers - friends and my own - has come up with anything.  As far as they can tell...I'm doing everything right.  Or maybe they're just too nice to say what I'm doing wrong?  Sigh.  I feel like there must be something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.