Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Things I worry about

Have you seen the movie Independence Day? Or any other movie that involves a massive evacuation from cities? Or thought about what happens during a major natural disaster? When the streets are impassible because of all the chaos and people trying to rush around?

Now, when thinking about those scenarios, have you ever thought about the parents separated from their children? What happens in that case?

Do daycare centers and schools have plans for this? I mean, suppose a massive evacuation is ordered. What's the plan? Bus the children home? The parents meet them at home and then evacuate as a family? Leave the children at school and the parents pick them up there? Evacuate the children themselves?

I wonder about these things. Am I paranoid and crazy or are there plans for this sort of thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.