Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Twice on Tuesday

I have good news.  Something "clicked" or "switched" in my brain and I'm out of the funk I was in for the last several weeks.  I was doing a lot of thinking and soul searching over the weekend and I remember having an epiphany conversation with myself in my head...but don't remember what the epiphany was!  All I know is that after that - the world seemed a little brighter and life seemed a little more manageable.  I think it's too soon to say I'm out of the woods completely, but I'm definitely feeling a lot better.  And I'm so glad for it.  And thankful!  Though I would like to remember what the epiphany was!  And, while my attitude and mindset is 100% better, my productivity....is not much increased as of yet.  But now it's not for lack of motivation...it's because I enjoy spending Wiggle's waking hours with him...and he's been more awake lately.  We need to get back to long naps Little Buddy!  20 minute naps don't afford much productivity.

So, in the vein of improved mental state, I want to start a Twice on Tuesday as a regular post.  I'm stealing the idea from Aisha's Three Beautiful Things Thursday's.  (hope you don't mind!)  But I've definitely found in the past that taking the time to note something good or positive in my life helps me feel more good or positive about life, so I want to start making the effort regularly.  So every Tuesday I'll count my blessings twice by thinking about them and then also posting them here...thus...Twice on Tuesday.

1.  I love the view from our apartment balcony.  It looks out over a courtyard that has green grass and green leafy trees whose canopies is right at our balcony level.  It makes it feel like we live in a treehouse when I look out the big glass door.  I love it!

2.  While the constant sun gets a bit monotonous...I am also thankful to live in such a cheery, bright environment.  I <3 light!

3.  Wiggles may not be napping very well, but he's doing a very good job at sleeping during the night now.  And I am so, so, so, so thankful for it.  And I'm doing better at going to bed at a reasonable hour - my milk supply wasn't keeping up with the short nights, so it's necessary.

4.  I'm so thankful for a wonderful partner.  Mr. Random is a good husband and a good father and I'm so glad to have someone I can trust completely with Wiggles by my side.

5.  And finally, I'm glad that Dodge Vipers still make me giddy as a school girl.  I saw one while driving into school today and just about had to fan myself.  I don't know what it is but they get my heart racing!!  So thank goodness for Dodge Vipers.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad the beautiful things helps! I try to write out five beautiful things daily in my journal- I don't always do it lately but when I was under a lot of stress and anxiety I made it a rule- it ALWAYS helped me feel better.

    Hope the good feelings stay!

    ReplyDelete

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.