Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fun Journey in My Imagination

This was such fun while it lasted I wanted to write it down before I forgot.

On Sunday TH and I attended church. We rather like our church and after the service they have coffee, juice, fruit and pastries in the gym for everyone's consumption. As we were enjoying our morning goodies I looked up to the high, high ceiling and saw an air duct with a colorful appendage sticking out of it. It was rainbow striped and shaped like a long, narrow isoceles triangle. I'm not sure what put the image in my head, but once it was there I couldn't shake it. So I shared my happy revelry with BBBB.

"Look, up there! A dragon done hid in the ceiling there, but forgot to tuck in his tail!" And with that sentence it suddenly became real and only grew from there. The air system was humming - or was that the dragon purring? as he happily hung out in the rafters, unaware his presence had been observed. It was all going along swimmingly until TH confessed he'd never seen a dragon and wasn't at all convinced they purred or were cat-like in any other way.

Oh well...it was nice while it lasted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this Blog

I have a journal. You know, the real kind...paper, bound in a book form...nice leather cover. And I do write in it...every few months. I like it, but somehow I find it hard to keep up regularly. I'm at a computer nearly all the time, so I find it easier to keep up on this blog. So, that's what this blog is for. To help me journal when I'm away from my journal. A place to collect my thoughts before I lose them to the chaos of my mind.

Or see my first post here. That's why I started this blog.